[Standards-JIG] FW: Jingle - P2P and PBX calls

Simon Guindon simon.guindon at tomahawk.ca
Thu Jan 5 14:33:56 UTC 2006

Jingle INFO message sounds good to me. This way the gateway can take
this INFO message and whether it's a SIP, IAX or any other gateway it
can do its specific DTMF method based on the INFO.

Now on the subject of switching sessions assuming your client might have
3 calls on the go. Let's just think of the secretary model etc.

I'm not sure if we want to entirely put the logic on the clients
shoulders. I think this is a good idea for Jingle clients which will not
be hooking up to PBX's who will be getting multiple Jingle calls. But in
the case of someone hooking up to Asterisk, Asterisk has to be signaled
to put someone on hold, or transfer etc between lines as far as I
understand how Asterisk works and I may be wrong, but I believe Asterisk
is doing all the switching.

Could a Jingle INFO message be sent to the gateway to signal the PBX of
different call management features?

I like the idea of clients being able to switch themselves etc but
perhaps if the gateway supports a namespace indicating it has PBX
support the client must also signal to the gateway its call changes?

Thanks,
Simon

Simon Guindon
simon.guindon at tomahawk.ca