[Standards-JIG] FW: Jingle - P2P and PBX calls

Simon Guindon simon.guindon at tomahawk.ca
Thu Jan 5 18:30:05 UTC 2006

Jean-Louis,

About JEP-55. This would require the XMPP server to specifically store
values that we require, which most would not I assume. Since it is the
server responding to the search and not the Jingle gateway.

For example if a IAX gateway speaks Jingle, so iax.server.com then the
IAX server is the one that knows what their phone # is, not XMPP server.

Would the proper method to be searching the main server or would it be
better to search using the same JEP but the destination JID be
iax.server.com instead of server.com?

When you say the server will communicate with the PBX to gather this
information. How does that work? Does that mean for example jabberd's
code has to be altered internally in addition of a gateway?

I think the ideal situation is if someone writes an IAX or Asterisk or
SIP gateway for Jingle, all you require is install it, and not
modifications to specific XMPP servers on top of that.

Or am I missing something?

Also about "411" or "yellow/white pages" service. What about things
which are not users, such as voicemail or emergency services etc?

Thanks,
Simon

Simon Guindon
Tomahawk Technologies Inc.