[Standards-JIG] FW: Jingle - P2P and PBX calls

Simon Guindon simon.guindon at tomahawk.ca
Fri Jan 6 15:27:48 UTC 2006

I agree mostly with your statements except for the fact I think it
definitely IS important that a system should be in place where the
gateway does not require XMPP server modifications.

For example. When I install MSN gateway, I do not need any MSN specific
code in the XMPP server source.

I know I am not familiar of servers outside of Jabberd but I think this
is a very important problem for gateways. Gateways are external
components and shouldn't require XMPP server modifications.

Now if the gateway itself handled JEP55, this is cleared up except for
the problem of:

How does your client know which gateway to search for what? Or should a
client basically query all gateways via Discovery JEP for JEP55 support,
then during the search, basically search every gateway that supports
JEP55?

If this is how clients should act then everything is fine and dandy :)

Thanks,
Simon

Simon Guindon
Tomahawk Technologies Inc.
103 Victoria Street          TEL: 613-257-4141 x:290
Carleton Place, ON           FAX: 613-257-8142
Canada                       simon.guindon at tomahawk.ca
K7C 2W5                      www.tomahawk.ca