[Standards-JIG] FW: Jingle - P2P and PBX calls

Jean-Louis Seguineau jean-louis.seguineau at laposte.net
Fri Jan 6 17:36:14 UTC 2006

Simon,

> I agree mostly with your statements [Jean-Louis Seguineau] ...

Thank you

> ...except for the fact I think it
> definitely IS important that a system should be in place where the
> gateway does not require XMPP server modifications.

I NEVER said the gateway should require XMPP server modification. I merely
said JEP55 could either be handled in the server or the GW. When using a
Jabberd it is likely that you will have it in the GW. With Wildfire you may
implement this in a plugin. As I said it is a matter of server
implementation.

> Now if the gateway itself handled JEP55, this is cleared up except for
> the problem of:

This is one of my two examples

> If this is how clients should act then everything is fine and dandy :)

This is exactly how client should act

Jean-Louis