[Standards-JIG] Re: Stream compression (JEP-138) and notificationoffailure or success (repost from JSF Members)

Gaston Dombiak gaston at jivesoftware.com
Wed Jan 11 19:17:06 UTC 2006

Hey Peter,

That looks a lot better to me. However, I think that "If the receiving
entity cannot establish compression using the requested method for any other
reason, it MUST return a <setup-failed/> error:" before example  4 might
give the impression that the server should try to establish compression at
that point and if something goes bad then a <setup-failed/> error is going
to be returned. I would recommend replacing the *establish* word with
something else like "accept".

Thanks,

  -- Gato

news:43C54B0D.7050609 at jabber.org...