[Standards-JIG] Standard to temporarily limit user ability

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Tue Jan 17 18:18:22 UTC 2006

* Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org> [2006-01-17 10:55:45 -0700]:

> http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0133.html#disable-user
>
> But that is only disabling the user, not disabling certain capabilities.

I think this could be usefull to think about adding this feature.
If you disable a user, it happens that its client might retry to
connect before getting kicked again and so on. This connection /
deconnection series can hurt a server.
If you think about simply preventing the user to send message packet
(and optionnaly presence and maybe iq to other clients), I feel that it
makes more sense.
You also have the extra benefit that the user can get messages and thus
can be notified when he has voice again.

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/