[Standards-JIG] JEP-0136: Message Archiving

Tomasz Sterna tomasz.sterna at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 19:04:15 UTC 2006

2006/1/17, Michael Long <Michael.Long at cornerstone.net>:

The ability to start/stop server autoarchive is a great idea.
Simple clients / complex servers.

As for privacy - I think public key encryption is enough to ensure the
message privacy.
End-2-End decryption key could be stored in the same message archive
as a body-less message, for the client to retrieve it later. Pubkey
encrypted of course.

And I believe it belongs to another JEP. It's an optional
functionality of server that may, or may not exist alongside with
JEP-0136. It could be mentioned in JEP-0136 though.

--
smk