[Standards-JIG] imap 2 xmpp

bernhard bz at datenkueche.com
Sun Jan 22 19:22:36 UTC 2006

A html mail message should be converted to something like jep-0071:

<message>
        I'm <span style='color:green'>green</span>
        with <span style='font-weight: bold'>envy</span>!
</message>

In Email this would be a mime message with 2 parts (text and html)
HTML in normal mails will be around for the next years.
But to put (non XML) html to jabber is not a good idea.
To convert it on the server side is easy using the libxml html2xhtml converter (works very well)
or "tidy".

Bernhard