[Standards-JIG] imap 2 xmpp

Hal Rottenberg halr9000 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 19:35:38 UTC 2006

On 1/22/06, bernhard <bz at datenkueche.com> wrote:
> A html mail message should be converted to something like jep-0071:
> In Email this would be a mime message with 2 parts (text and html)
> HTML in normal mails will be around for the next years.

True.

> But to put (non XML) html to jabber is not a good idea.

Is CDATA allowed in Jabber?  I have no idea, but you could just toss
the whole html/mime mess in there I suppose.

> To convert it on the server side is easy using the libxml html2xhtml converter (works very well)
> or "tidy".

Yes but at what cost, cpu-wise?  Remember we have to scale to an SMTP
replacement and that's huge.  Plus, you have modified the message.
That would screw up any GPG signatures.

--
Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:hal at jabber.rocks.cc