[Standards-JIG] A jep for the Games

Nikos Kouremenos kourem at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 22:10:56 UTC 2006

On 1/22/06, Andrew Plotkin <erkyrath at eblong.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006, Nikos Kouremenos wrote:
>
> > there is Tkabber that does games but I don't know how they do it and
> > sadly no JEP.
>
> > there are also other nice features (there is Cocinella which does
> > whiteboard) ad still no JEP from that. (I know Peter planned to do
> > some job but I guess he got busy with other JEPs)
>
> > about games there is also http://www.volity.org/ which also uses XMPP
> > but no JEP
>
> Hi. I'm one of the people working on Volity.
>
> We don't have a JEP because we're making use of existing Jabber
> mechanisms, not creating a new one. (We use standard MUCs for table chat,
> Jabber-RPC for game moves, entity capabilities for client
> identification...) We're also using a bunch of other technologies in our
> game client (SVG graphics, etc.)

ok Info JEP needed? see http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0001.html#types

it's nice idea you don't define new JEPs but maybe you can describe
how you do all that in a central place (call me JSF page) so people
like the first author of this thread have it there. Of course Peter
Saint Andre can you help more and can advice if this is needed or not.

replying to Sander now:
About the deferred Whiteboard, as I said Peter has a write a new JEP
in his .plan or he forgot to remove it from his .plan if he changed
his mind :)

--
Nikos Kouremenos | Jabber ID: nkour at jabber.org | http://members.hellug.gr/nkour