[Standards-JIG] Re: anonymous login

Vinod Panicker vinod.p at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 12:14:21 UTC 2006

On 1/25/06, Alexander Gnauck <gnauck at ag-software.de> wrote:
> Vinod Panicker schrieb:
>
> >> But all servers that i tested yet respond immediately with <success />
> >> I think we don't need the <challenge/> like described in this email.
> >
> > IMO that is an inflexible approach.  The ANONYMOUS mechanism does
> > allow a client to specify a desired anonymous "username".  This is
> > captured when the client sends the response to the server's challenge.
> >
> > You can try checking it out on geodesiconline.com (host -
> > xmpp.geodesiconline.com)
> >
> > Do let me know if you come across any issues.
>
> your server assigns me a username even when i send one in the response.
> Could you post a XML sample flow?
> And why not send the username with the <auth/> tag, like we do in SASL
> PLAIN?

Currently its configured that way.  Unfortunately, I cant change it
right now - so you wont be able to try it out with a given username.
But according to my implementation, if the client sends something as
part of the response, i'm picking that up as the username.

But as Ralph said, the flow might (should) be different.  Whatever the
JEP says, we would do it that way.

Regards,
Vinod.