[Standards-JIG] JEP-0113 Question

Andrew Brunner abrunner at cybercreek.com
Thu Jan 26 16:20:09 UTC 2006

Hi Peter,

I'm interested in joining the whiteboard development list.

While I'm writing you I also wanted to mention that I feel that Jabber needs
to have a JEP for Bulk Messaging/Marketing.

Please don't get me wrong as I'm not talking about spam/spim.  I'm talking
about mass distributions.  Jabber is secure but I think there is a need for
a JEP with regard to best practices and bulk messaging/marketing.

I think my number one point to the JEP would be that organizations should
not send out mass subscription requests.  That if a user wants to be
associated with mass alerts/news/etc. that they should pre-subscribe.

If a standard expectation were posted early it would avoid the what might be
already inevitable. That said, The JEP could include provisions so that
block lists could be automated if this best practice was violated by a
domain.

Thanks,

Andrew Brunner
CyberCreek LLC