[Standards-JIG] vCard Filtering

Daniel Henninger jadestorm at nc.rr.com
Thu Jan 26 16:33:13 UTC 2006

Hi folk,

I'm wondering if anyone has been looking into the vCard filtering
functionality.  A few folk seemed to express interest in the concept,
and I wrote it up into a JEP to give it a start.  I'm interested to
hear if anyone has tried implementing it and how that went.  I could
implement it within PyAIM and PyICQ.  I still have an internal
conflict as to whether it should be able to do both exclude and
include-only.  If PyICQ wanted to ask for a photo and nickname and
nothing else, it would have to exclude everything else, which could
get rather large.  However, if a client didn't want the PHOTO element
for a vCard lookup, they could exclude it out.  Of course, Psi
implements PHOTO in it's vCard lookup, so why would it exclude that?
I mean, if nothing else, I appreciate the experience in writing it up
in the first place, I had other unrelated JEP submissions in mind for
the future, but I still am curious about my first born. ;D ;D ;D

Daniel

--
"The most addictive drug in the world is music."
      - The Lost Boyz