[Standards-JIG] JEP-0136: server-side support?

Michael Long Michael.Long at cornerstone.net
Tue Jan 31 16:00:22 UTC 2006

There has been some discussion on the subject of server autoarchiving previously, "JEP-0136: Message Archiving" <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.network.jabber.standards-jig/9883>

The conclusion that I came to is that server-side autoarchiving should be added as an extension to JEP-0136 for several reasons. The leading reason is that I do not want to delay the acceptance of JEP-0136 by adding server-side functionality that has not been hashed out. There are also some technical issues with server-side autoarchiving, specifically, encrypted conversations.

All of these issues have been discussed in the discussion thread I referenced.

--
Michael J. Long

Public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/

Public key details (All previous keys EXPIRED or REVOKED):
Generated: 2005-03-14; Algorithm: DSA; Size: 1024 bits; ID: 0xDB9B49C5
Fingerprint: 601D 6947 4763 AD5D EEA6 D6C1 9747 F592 DB9B 49C5