[Standards-JIG] JEP-0136: server-side support?

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Tue Jan 31 17:09:00 UTC 2006

Op dinsdag 31 januari 2006 00:09, schreef Peter Saint-Andre:
> JEP-0136 is good as far as it goes, but I wonder:
>
> 1. Wouldn't it be useful to have this be a feature that you can tell
> your server to switch on so that you don't have to archive the messages
> yourself?

Yes, and besides that it can be useful to connect the users' archives to a
message auditing tool. Of course, the default settings should be that this is
dissabled and that each user's message archive is encrypted by some key. Also
it should be possible for business situations that an administrator can
configure the server to always enable message archiving, so that end users do
not have the rights to dissable it.

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.
xmpp:sander at devrieze.dyndns.org

ejabberd, the expandable Jabber daemon. --
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/