[Standards-JIG] JEP-0163 (PEP) 'owner' access model

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Sat Jul 8 17:21:29 UTC 2006

I remember someone had the idea of including something like an 'owner'
access model for JEP-0163 (and JEP-0060). i.e. where only the node owner can
subscribe or access the data. This trivial addition would enable JEP-0163 to
offer an alternative to the existing private data storage protocol (a
significant improvement thanks to notifications, and JEP-0163's implicit
standardization of node names).

I confess to not having followed every detail of the lengthy JEP-0060/0163
discussions over the last few months. Can anyone please tell me if this
access model was dropped due to concensus, or if it simply didn't make it
into these versions of the JEPs?

Thanks,

- Ian