[Standards-JIG] JEP-0163 (PEP) comments

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Wed Jul 12 15:38:45 UTC 2006

As promised in the council, here my list of comments:

 - In both JEP-0060 and JEP-0163, there is mention of advertising:

     <feature var='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub'/>

   I'm not sure if this is useful when the identity has category 'pubsub',
   or is this to enable possible other future protocols?

 - 4.1, note #3 mentions access models advertised via disco. We removed
   that from JEP-0060 and here one should just fetch the default config
   form.

 - The SHIM 'replyto' field is used for conveying the origin of the
   message. How does this relate to pubsub proxies of foreign nodes
   (Atom-over-XMPP). Also, does it go inside the item or not? Example
   208 in JEP-0060 seems to have it there. I'm not sure what is good
   form now.

 - The reply to a <subscribe/> is not examined, assuming that in the PEP
   case, it always succeeds? Should we change JEP-0060 to have an empty
   reply mean success?

 - In 6. Is <subscriptions/> supported?

 - 7.1. Item 3. Only when that subscriber would be a recipient of
   notifications?

--
Groetjes,

ralphm