[Standards-JIG] JEP-0060: sending last published item

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Jul 14 21:01:58 UTC 2006

While chatting with Ian Paterson just now, he mentioned to me that it
would be convenient to have a pubsub node configuration option that
enables the node owner to specify when the last published item is sent
out. I think we can call this field "pubsub#send_last_published_item"
and make it of type "list-single" with the following options:

1. never send the last published item

2. send the last published item only to new subscribers

3. send the last published item to new subscribers and also to newly
available resources for existing subscribers

Are any other options desired?

Jabber Software Foundation