[Standards-JIG] retracting JEP-0119?

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Jul 14 22:04:00 UTC 2006

Joe Hildebrand wrote:
> Do we leave a pointer to PEP in 119,

Yes, it probably needs to refer to PEP for the extended presence
handling features that used to be in JEP-0119 (all that disco publish
and retrieve stuff, that was always too complicated anyway...).

> superceded-by?

Today's language lesson: it's supersede with an "s". Remember: it comes
from Latin "super" (over) and "sedere" (to sit). The new one "sits over"
the old one. And who says Latin is useless? :-)