[Standards-JIG] David Gaxiola is out of the office.

Tijl Houtbeckers thoutbeckers at splendo.com
Mon Jul 17 17:33:04 UTC 2006

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 19:14:22 +0200, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org>
wrote:

> Tijl Houtbeckers wrote:
>>
>> Does this mean the Playstation 3 will have a Jabber client? :)
>
> Heh, maybe. :-) The PSP already does, right?

Only if you hack it, and run "homebrew" software on it AFAIK. When they
hack some locked down propriety platform these days it seems one of the
first things made to run on it is a usually Jabber client :). But ofcourse
Sony -in their eternal wisdom- tries to prevent with each system software
update. (And some games require you to update). After all, people don't
want to pay 200 euros for some device and then have to decide themselves
what to run on it do they?

One of the reasons I don't own one, for that matter..