[Standards-JIG] JEP-0080 (geoloc) and JEP-0112 (physloc) merge

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Jul 19 19:30:03 UTC 2006

Presumably it's all the same place, you just describe it differently
(GPS coordinates, street address + room number, etc.). Naturally you
might want certain people to see only what city you're in (or perhaps
down to the neighborhood level) whereas others can see your location
with greater precision, but the precision issue is orthogonal to the
syntax issue, I think.

Peter