[Standards-JIG] JEP-0033: How to handle a server with only one recipient?

Tobias Markmann tmarkmann at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 25 12:43:33 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm writing an implementation of JEP-0033 in form of an external component
in c++. I have some questions depending that JEP:

   1. Does the service MUST check if there is a multicast compatible
   component available on the server of the recipient if there is only ONE
   recipient at that server? I think, if there is only one recipient it can
   just send the message to him.
   2. How far does the service have to check if it can deliver the
   message? Just looking whether the servers of the recipients are online or
   more?
   3. What to do if the service receives a message without a <addresses/>
   stanza?
   4. Similar question then three: What to do in general when receiving
   stanzas which are not compliant to the JEP? For example no <address/> stanza
   in the <addresses/> stanza, etc.

TIA
Tobias Markmann