[Standards-JIG] Closing idle streams

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Fri Jun 2 19:01:51 UTC 2006

On Friday 02 June 2006 09:23, Dave Cridland wrote:
> So, assuming C and a standard sockets interface, where do I see what
> data has been acked? I was sure there was somewhere myself, but I
> can't find it on Linux, at least, where I thought it'd be easy to
> find. (I was looking for the current window size, or anything like
> it).

This post shows how to get the TCP send-queue size on Linux:
  http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards-jig/2003-December/004570.html

Knowing what data has been acked is just a matter of keeping track how many
bytes you've written vs how many bytes are in the queue.  You don't need to
pull the unsent data out of the TCP send-queue, and nor would you want to.

-Justin