[Standards-JIG] Re: expiring JEPs

Remko Troncon remko at el-tramo.be
Wed Jun 7 00:37:58 UTC 2006

> I still waffle as to whether I should beef it up a tad to include the
> functionality to choose "include these" or "exclude these".  Instead
> it being only exclude.

'Including' will probably be difficult to implement if you want to
reassure backwards compatibility.

> What's required to 'keep it going'?  Or do you all feel it's not
> worth keeping around?

Well, my trigger to make the Wildfire patch was because someone explicitly
asked for that functionality. vCards will disappear eventually, but i don't
see a problem with a JEP that improves its current usage, especially
considering there are a lot of vCard-based avatar implementations out there
(which is why this JEP was brought to life i believe).

cheers,
Remko