[Standards-JIG] RE: Encrypted sessions

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Thu Jun 8 17:09:47 UTC 2006

On 8 Jun 2006, at 17:19, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Some people wanted support for encryption of offline
> messages, others (including DizzyD and I as authors of the original
> spec) never thought it was important.

I don't feel particularly passionately about the issue but it does
seem a shame to me to not be able to communicate securely offline.
Some people would like to see XMPP replace email and that might be
somewhat hard if things only work when both participants are online ;)

With that said, I do appreciate it is not a good thing to store keys
if it can be avoided. especially if  they can compromise previous, as
well as future, conversations.

/K

--
Kevin Smith