[Standards-JIG] JEP-0060: 1.8pre18

Michael W. Zaharee mzaharee at pubsub.com
Thu Jun 8 18:59:14 UTC 2006

We would like to see several changes to cover a couple of issues we have.

1) As we cannot represent a subscription without configuration options being supplied, we would like to have an error response which clearly indicates this requirement.  The "success, but come back with options" response (example #42) can't work for us as we have no context to represent what would be an intermediate state for us. What we'd really like is some sort of "subscription_options_required" error message we could send back, with an options form included in the same stanza.

2) We would like to be able to retrieve information on all subscriptions, with all configuration options, in a single request-response exchange to avoid the overhead of round trip operations for each subscription.  I notice in the schema that both subid and node attributes are optional in the options element; can we use the absence of _both_ of these in a request to indicate that option details are to be returned for all subscriptions?

- Mike Zaharee

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

--
Nobody Expects the OO Inquisition!