[Standards-JIG] RE: Encrypted sessions

Jean-Louis Seguineau jean-louis.seguineau at laposte.net
Fri Jun 9 09:47:04 UTC 2006

Ian, I believe everybody appreciate your very cooperative approach. And the
JEP is of very good quality, showing you did your homework. Security is
unfortunately a grey area with many "preconceived" ideas. Anything we can do
to decrease the "fear factor" and ease implementation is key to success.

Speaking of re-use, I was wondering how much of the PKI key management that
is usually available on today's workstations can be used to store the DH
keys and integrated in a client implementation? Long hours have already been
spent by others to make these stores "somewhat" secure. Leveraging these
stores would IMHO speed up adoption. But I am no client programming expert.
What is your view?

Jean-Louis

Message: 5