[Standards-JIG] JEP-0060: open issues

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Jun 13 18:23:53 UTC 2006

I have been shooting to get 1.8 published in time to submit an updated
"Atom Over XMPP" draft to the IETF Secretariat before the I-D cutoff
date for IETF 66 (June 26). The more we add to 1.8, the less likely that
is. The Council will discuss these open issues in its meeting tomorrow
and we'll figure out a schedule for modifications. I'd just as soon
reach agreement on what we're adding to the spec and then put all that
in 1.8 if possible, but that can work only if (1) people stop requesting
new features, (2) I make the time to modify the text real soon now, and
(3) the Council meets again next week to approve 1.8 (since it won't be
able to do so tomorrow). I think we can make that happen, but I have
something else to crank out today so I won't have time to look at pubsub
more until tomorrow.

Peter

- --
Peter Saint-Andre