[Standards-JIG] User Activity and PEP

Mircea Bardac dev.list at mircea.bardac.net
Fri Jun 16 16:55:19 UTC 2006

Hi everybody,

I was thinking today of idleness (Google says others also did this in May) and
started reading some JEPs, including User Activity.

While reading User Activity, I couldn't notice any refference of PEP, even
though PEP mentions user activity (AFAIR).

I see User-Activity depends on Pub-Sub, but I can't actually find/think any
use-case in which Pub-Sub could work and PEP wouldn't - I'd like some
comments on this if possible as I might be missing something.

This made me ask myself wether it would be possible to:
* make PEP the preffered implementation ("recommended dependency") and
* make JEP-0060 dependency obsolete (or "not recommended").

I know that User-Activity is Draft, but I have a slight feeling that JEP-0060
put some devs away from implementing it because of the complexity.

Mircea
/IceRAM

--
http://mircea.bardac.net