[Standards-JIG] Re: User Activity and PEP

Magnus Henoch mange at freemail.hu
Sat Jun 17 09:07:28 UTC 2006

Mircea Bardac <dev.list at mircea.bardac.net> writes:

> I see User-Activity depends on Pub-Sub, but I can't actually find/think any
> use-case in which Pub-Sub could work and PEP wouldn't - I'd like some
> comments on this if possible as I might be missing something.

I can think of one (almost).  You might want to show different nodes
to different people.  One way to do that would be to hack your
server's Disco Publishing so that it returns different results
depending on who asks (e.g. "public-activity" and "private-activity"),
and then publish your activity to those two nodes.

Or maybe that's just me...

--
Magnus
JID: legoscia at jabber.cd.chalmers.se