[Standards-JIG] User-Pictures in Jabber

Andreas Pietzowski jabber.org at pietzowski.de
Tue Jun 20 07:31:36 UTC 2006

Hello guys,

my friends all love to see their pictures in their IMs like everybody
knows from ICQ and MSN and maybe others. It's very hard to persuade
them to use a jabber client or a multi-protocol client because jabber
lacks this feature.

Is there any progress in exchanging pictures with a jabber account? My
idea is maybe a MIME-encoded PNG-image enclosed in the
user-information-XML-data. To prevent the network from too much
traffic the image dimensions should not exceed e.g. 150x150 pixels.

What do you think? It's really a funny feature of IMs if you can see a
weekly new picture of your friends.

Have a nice day and sunny greetings from Augsburg, Germany
Andreas