[Standards-JIG] User-Pictures in Jabber

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Sun Jun 25 21:08:51 UTC 2006

Le dimanche 25 juin 2006 22:22, Andreas Pietzowski a écrit :

> Oh man. No but I'm getting sick about excuse myslef why I wrote to your
> mailing list. I HAD to start somewhere, don't you understand?!? Sorry that
> it was your mailinglist.

As i understand it, this mailing list is mainly for developper and protocol
designer, not really for user.

If you want a feature, the best thing is to ask directly to the developers of
your favorite client.

> But in my opinion if someone like me doesn't have a clue where to find some
> information this shows that there as a lack of documentation or not well
> designed GUIS an client side. This is an overall statement and isn't only
> related with you right now. Maybe its also a client problem but there is no
> difference for the end user because he/she just wants a picture in a client
> and don't know whom to ask about *g*

This is just a client problem.  I have to admit that lots of free software
lack documentation (and jabber client are often free software)

And as usual in free software : any help is welcome :-)

> But I also understand you and I think we quit this thread now. You guys are
> dong goooood and excenllent work on jabber and I want you to continue.

> I'm also in contact with kopete guys from KDE about that picture issue.

:-)