[Standards-JIG] Re: WHACK

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Mon May 1 08:03:56 UTC 2006

On Sunday 30 April 2006 22:02, Tijl Houtbeckers wrote:
> So what do PSA (JEP editor and responsible for stirring up the thread) and
> Justin (who wrote JEP-ACK) think? Should this be resubmitted? Does Justin
> still want to author it or should someone else take over?

I'm fine working on JEP-Ack, if we can determine what I need to do to it and
what the appropriate standards route is.  Right now the JEP is rejected and
the ack concept is an rfc3920bis candidate.

I'd also like to see more serious discussion about Dave Cridland's proposal.
I currently disagree with it, for reasons stated already, but I haven't seen
anyone else paying attention to it.  So far he's been nearly talking to
himself in this thread, and I know how that can be. :)

-Justin