[Standards-JIG] Re: LAST CALL: JEP-0172 (User Nickname)

Remko Troncon remko at el-tramo.be
Mon May 1 17:43:34 UTC 2006

On 01 May 2006, at 19:26, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> Yes, at some point we need to "bite the bullet" and tell people to use
> pubsub/PEP. I'm just not sure exactly when that point is...

Well, that statement can be turned around: for years, every feature
that could be done through PubSub (even if it was far fetched) and
that didn't was shot down without further discussion. Is it a good
time to stop doing it now, now that a usable version of pubsub is
finally emerging ? ;-)

Anyway, i agree: as long as PEP isn't draft, you can't enforce it.

cheers,
Remko