[Standards-JIG] Re: LAST CALL: JEP-0172 (User Nickname)

Daniel Henninger jadestorm at nc.rr.com
Mon May 1 18:10:13 UTC 2006

May I ask that someone specify pubsub/pep use within this JEP?
Section 4.5 mentions that pubsub/pep ought to be used, BUT it doesn't
provide any examples or real information regarding it's use.  I
basically "made something up" for the moment which may or may not be
good.  =)  (I'm trying to implement all of this with PyICQ/PyAIM)
Anyway, basically I stored this:

<items node="http://jabber.org/protocol/nick">
       <item id="current">
         <nick xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/nick">Jadestorm</nick>
       </item>
</items>

Seemed reasonable enough.  Might be stupid, might not.  =D  Either
way, if pubsub/pep is going to be suggested in the JEP, I'd love to
see an example of storing it in pubsub/pep listed.  (or is this
implied somewhere that I'm not seeing?)

Daniel