[Standards-JIG] directed presence-probes question

Tomasz Sterna tomek at xiaoka.com
Mon May 1 18:28:18 UTC 2006

I had a bugreport by a few of my users, that jabberd2 does not conform
to RFC 3921 5.1.3 and does not answer to presence probes on behalf of
users.

During investigation I found that it does answer on presence probes
directed to user bare JID.

It doesn't though on probes directed to a full JID.

I personally think it's conformant to RFC3920 10.5.1 and RFC3921
5.1.4.1 saying that server MUST deliver directed (full JID) presences
to user unmodified.

It brings a question though why does google xmpp server send probes to
a full JID?
It's kinda useless. User can be online on some other resources than
the last time, may just changed it etc.

--
smk