[Standards-JIG] Re: JEP-0060: delete + retract?

Gaston Dombiak gaston at jivesoftware.com
Thu May 4 17:49:26 UTC 2006

Hey Peter,

I agree that under certain circumstances it would be useful to not send
notifications when deleting items. If this is special case of deletion then
I think that we can use the existing "verb" retract where by default it will
send notifications unless it includes some flag that indicates the opposite.
IMHO, reducing the number of verbs is a nice way to keep things simple
(without making each verb very complex ;) ).

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,

  -- Gato

"Peter Saint-Andre" <stpeter at jabber.org> wrote in message