[Standards-JIG] Phone service discovery

Jean-Louis Seguineau jean-louis.seguineau at laposte.net
Fri May 5 16:53:07 UTC 2006

With the advent of Jingle, we will soon need to register proper disco
identities/node/feature for phone services.

Starting with identities, is it more appropriate to describe a phone service
using the 'gateway' or the 'proxy' category? I suppose we would also need to
have an type entry for 'voice' and maybe 'video' in the conference category.

What do we want the phone service type to be? 'phone' or 'voice'? I'd be
tempted to use voice to keep in synch with the conference category.

Comments welcome.

Jean-Louis