[Standards-JIG] JEP-0060: Version 1.8pre16

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Sat May 6 14:48:49 UTC 2006

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 01:58:17PM -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> Version 1.8pre16 of JEP-0060 is here:
>
> http://www.jabber.org/jeps/tmp/jep-0060-1.8.html
>
> The CVS diff is here:
>
> http://www.jabberstudio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cvs/jeps/0060/jep-0060.xml?r1=1.118&r2=1.119

My next round of nits:

- Section 5.6. I'm wondering if the 'jid' field in the result of
  <affiliations/> is needed here. We settled on having the bare JID to
  have affiliations, so all 'jid' fields would be the bare JID of the
  requestor.

- I'm wondering about notification of subscription change. Currently the
  message format is defined in section 8.7. Not sure if the extra
  container is needed, but I assume it was done with batch processing in
  mind.

  In the current wording notification only applies to changes via
  (pubsub#owner) <subscriptions/>, but it might also be useful for
  authorized suscriptions that were pending.  And even as a result of
  subscription/unsubscription by a non-owner (having the result of
  <subscribe/> to be empty). It would work mostly like
  the roster. For that to work, it needs its own disco feature. Also,
  users should somehow be able to ask for the to be enabled. Maybe when
  fetching the current state using <subscriptions/>. Opinions?

--
Groetjes,

ralphm