[Standards-JIG] JEP-60 Item id for node configuration change notifications

Murat Bog murat_bog at yahoo.com
Wed May 10 18:34:39 UTC 2006

According to section 8.2 of version 1.8pre17, when the node configuration
changes, the server sens a notification to all subscribers.  The
notification will have an item element whose id attribute will be set to
"configuration".

Since publishers are allowed to provide item ids, does this mean that the
"configuration" value is reserved and can be generated by a server only?  If
so, there would be an implied requirement that a server is supposed to
reject publications where the publisher has set the id attribute of item
element to "configuration".  If not, I don't see how a consumer can
distinguish notifications due to configuration changes from publications
unless another element type were defined for node configuration change
notifications.

Whatever is the intention, I think it would be useful if it can be stated
explicitly in the text.

Thanks,