[Standards-JIG] Component protocol : JEP 114

Mridul Muralidharan mridul at sun.com
Thu May 11 04:57:38 UTC 2006

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

>>In the stream header from the server to the component, the 'from'
>>attribute is set to the component JID.
>>

>BTW, that is for the jabber:component:accept namespace, since the server
>accepts connections from the component when that namespace is used.
>
>By contrast, the server initiates a connection to the component when the
>jabber:component:connect namespace is used. This is less common.
>
>(Older methods also included jabber:component:exec but that is not
>documented in JEP-0114 because connecting via STDIO is discouraged.)
>
>/psa

Hi,

I was not aware of the exec namespace , interesting - will try to find
some doc about it.
We support the accept namespace as of now - I was aware of the connect
namespace but dont recall much about it.
Is the intention that there is a component bound to a port waiting for
connections and the server actively connects to it in response to some
client request sort of thing ?
Something along the lines of s2s ?

Thanks for clarifying.
Regards,