[Standards-JIG] proto-JEP: Invisible Command

Mridul Muralidharan mridul at sun.com
Thu May 11 23:53:11 UTC 2006

JEP Editor wrote:

>The JEP Editor has received a proposal for a new JEP.
>
>Title: Invisible Command
>
>Abstract: This document specifies an XMPP-compatible protocol for user invisibility.

>The Jabber Council will decide within 7 days (or at its next meeting) whether to accept this proposal as an official JEP.

Hi,

  How will multiple resources and priority come into play while a user
is invisible ?
I think I raised this query earlier on also without any response.

An example paraphrased from my earlier query :
If there are two resources of a user , one with higher priority than the
other (highP) and the highP goes invisible.
To whom will the server deliver stanza's directed to the barejid (like
subscription requests).
Secondly , how will this be handled if the user (highP) has sent
directed available presence to a sub-set of people in his roster.

Thanks and Regards,
Mridul