[Standards-JIG] proto-JEP: Invisible Command

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Fri May 12 21:41:37 UTC 2006

On Fri May 12 14:41:18 2006, Hal Rottenberg wrote:
> - Can we make other things invisible, like our jet airplanes?

Not just invisible, we should aim for a full coverage of potential
levels of opacity, preferably by including that as an attribute,
whose value is a base64 encoded BCD infinite precision positive real
number less than 1. The use of BCD here is obviously vital to
significantly reduce the octet count, and the absence of the
attribute indiciates full opacity, the default case. Additional
protocol functionality to support the use of ghostly outlines, or the
ability to appear normally but show no reflection in mirrors, should
probably be left for a future specification, although privacy
concerns suggest an ability to leave no trace in logs might have
immediate applicability.

Moreover, photo and video extensions conformant to this JEP should
provide a full alpha channel, and Jingle should be adapted to have a
volume control protocol.

Dave.
--
           You see things; and you say "Why?"