[Standards-JIG] The Ack Hack.

Trejkaz trejkaz at trypticon.org
Sat May 13 01:20:46 UTC 2006

On Friday 12 May 2006 01:37, Michal vorner Vaner wrote:
> Not all clients are on computers. Not all clients have the right to save
> anything. There are web clients, flash clients, clients on friends
> computer, where it is not feasible to save anything at all. I do not
> speak about complexity, but about the fact that not all environments are
> PC with nice big disk.

Web clients - cookies.

Flash clients - either you mean flash on the web, in which case cookies (Flash
can get to JavaScript, and JavaScript can get to cookies,) or you mean flash
as an application, in which case you can do whatever you want.

Client on a friend's computer - is still a client!  What, would something like
Psi magically discover there is no connected hard disk, just because the
"wrong" person is using it?  I think not.

Phone clients - J2ME has storage facilities on even many older phones.

In short, the vast majority of clients *do* have some way to store state.

TX

             Email: trejkaz at trypticon.org
         Jabber ID: trejkaz at trypticon.org
          Web site: http://trypticon.org/