[Standards-JIG] The Ack Hack.

Michal vorner Vaner michal.vaner at kdemail.net
Sat May 13 12:09:15 UTC 2006

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 11:20:46AM +1000, Trejkaz wrote:
> On Friday 12 May 2006 01:37, Michal vorner Vaner wrote:
> > Not all clients are on computers. Not all clients have the right to save
> > anything. There are web clients, flash clients, clients on friends
> > computer, where it is not feasible to save anything at all. I do not
> > speak about complexity, but about the fact that not all environments are
> > PC with nice big disk.
>
> Web clients - cookies.
>
> Flash clients - either you mean flash on the web, in which case cookies (Flash
> can get to JavaScript, and JavaScript can get to cookies,) or you mean flash
> as an application, in which case you can do whatever you want.
>
> Client on a friend's computer - is still a client!  What, would something like
> Psi magically discover there is no connected hard disk, just because the
> "wrong" person is using it?  I think not.

No I mean not I can not use, but I do not want to save anything
regarding my account, conversation, whatever there. Because of security.

> Phone clients - J2ME has storage facilities on even many older phones.
>
> In short, the vast majority of clients *do* have some way to store state.

I did not say most of them does not, but you can not require the
storage. Even if there existed only one client that did not have, it
would not be nice of you to expect it looks usual.

--

Work with computer has 2 phases. First, computer waits for the user to tell it what
to do, then the user waits for the computer to do it. Therefore, computer work

Michal "vorner" Vaner