[Standards-JIG] The Ack Hack.

Pavel Šimerda pavel.simerda.lists at centrum.cz
Sat May 13 19:08:06 UTC 2006

On 2006-05-13 17:05, Trejkaz wrote:
> On 13/05/2006, at 22:09 PM, Michal vorner Vaner wrote:
> > I did not say most of them does not, but you can not require the
> > storage. Even if there existed only one client that did not have, it
> > would not be nice of you to expect it looks usual.
>
> Actually, it wouldn't be that bad.  It just means that this 1 in 20
> phone clients wouldn't get reliable delivery.  If they wanted it,
> they could upgrade their phone.  Simple.

None of them will get reliable delivery... there are many cases when last id
storage fails. Like switching clients or even computers/devices.

It's good to eliminate duplicate messages, nothing more.....

Btw.... thanks for clarification of whitespace pings... to you and vorner.

Pavel

--
Keep it simple... http://www.pavlix.net/