[Standards-JIG] proto-JEP: Invisible Command

Michal vorner Vaner michal.vaner at kdemail.net
Tue May 16 07:47:23 UTC 2006

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 04:35:28PM -0500, JEP Editor wrote:
> The JEP Editor has received a proposal for a new JEP.
>
> Title: Invisible Command
>
> Abstract: This document specifies an XMPP-compatible protocol for user invisibility.

> The Jabber Council will decide within 7 days (or at its next meeting) whether to accept this proposal as an official JEP.

I was thinking once again, will it be possible to be visible to someone
and invisible to others? Like providing something like:

<iq type='set'>
<invisible>
<except>friend at server.org</except>
<except>other at somewhere.net</except>
</invisible>
</iq>

or

<iq type='set'>
<invisible>
<only-to>enemy at somewhere.com</only-to>
</invisible>
</iq>

Other IM networks can do this and the old way trough privacy lists could
do it as well.

--

Work with computer has 2 phases. First, computer waits for the user to tell it what
to do, then the user waits for the computer to do it. Therefore, computer work

Michal "vorner" Vaner