[Standards-JIG] proto-JEP: Invisible Command

Trejkaz trejkaz at trypticon.org
Tue May 16 14:55:25 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 00:51, Michal vorner Vaner wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 12:36:12AM +1000, Trejkaz wrote:
> > On Wednesday 17 May 2006 00:19, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> > > I think we would do that by sending directed presence.
> >
> > That would seem to work in the situation where you only want a few people
> > to see you, but what about the situation where you only want a few people
> > _not_ to see you?
>
> The second example wat it,
> <invisible><only-to>someone</only-to></invisible>, which would be
> invisible only to this people.
>
> Normal invisiblity would be invisible to all and the except would be
> invisible to all except listed ones.

Of course, but I wasn't replying to your suggestion, I was replying to
Peter's.

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 00:37, Kevin Smith wrote:
> Then you'd make a privacy rule?

It would be amusing if a client goes with this new invisibility protocol in
the hope of avoiding the mess of privacy rules, it would be a let-down when
the developer finally discovers that no, they still have to use privacy rules
after all.  But it would also be amusing to try and explain why we have two
ways to do the same thing. ;-)

TX

             Email: trejkaz at trypticon.org
         Jabber ID: trejkaz at trypticon.org