Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Wed May 17 18:01:28 UTC 2006

> lets assume Romeo wants to send presence to everyone but Gregory using
> 's44sdasb4444dedd at multicast.capulet' as a relay.
> How is he going to tell multicast.capulet to create a distribution list
> that includes everyone on his roster less those people that are
> on his presence-out list without telling multicast.capulet who is
> on his presence-out list? (assuming that multicast.capulet is also
> operated by the evil capulets who know who of the capulets is on romeos
> roster).

Where did we assume the server was evil?, and why does it matter if the
server knows that you dont want a particular user to receive something
you are wanting it to multicast?, if you dont trust the server then you
would block the whole server by adding it to your privacy list.

> On the other hand, the evil capulets can already guess that Romeo
> has blocked Gregory if they see successive presence stanzas to
> Juliet, Nurse, Peter, Sampson, Anthony and Potpan but not Gregory.

Your point being??

Richard