[Standards-JIG] Jabber external components: going out of style

Jean-Louis Seguineau jean-louis.seguineau at laposte.net
Wed May 17 23:52:14 UTC 2006

Come on Pedro, this is a little far fetched. You can always retrieve a
roster from a component through a jabber:iq:roster query. You can always
retrieve privacy settings through jabber:iq:privacy. In a component based
implementation, you have more leeway on the trust level and features
agreement between server and component. You would need to push your
component into every user's roster at the server level, so it knows about
every body's presence, and you have pretty much you PEP component done...
Just add namespace based routing to get the PEP IQs where they belong. This
is internal to the server, and I know some server do it.

If your current server does not support this approach, you would need to
request these features to be added ;) It is not linked to XMPP, but more to
implementation.

Jean-Louis